Bombi Partners With 1% for the Planet
Our mission at Bombi has always been to put parents & planet first by creating high quality eco-conscious gear that reduces waste, eliminates single use plastics & gives one time use items a second life. Today we are beyond excited to announce our next step in honoring this promise. As of 10/1/21 we have officially partnered with 1% for the Planet, an organization that connects dollars and doers to accelerate smart environmental giving. This partnership has been something we have been passionate about pursuing since we launched and seeing it come to fruition is beyond thrilling - it solidifies our commitment to leave this planet better than when we arrived, puts our money where our mouth is & helps support important environmental causes. We are all about green education, not greenwashing.
With this partnership we promise to donate 1% of sales, volunteer at organizations that align with our vision & spread awareness of 1% for the Planet’s mission. We also strongly and respectfully call on other brands in our industry to step up and do their part for the environment, our forests, our oceans & our society. After all, we aren’t inheriting this planet from past generations, we’re borrowing it from future ones and as a company we have a responsibility to help protect it.
Did You Know?
- Only 3% of total philanthropy goes to environmental causes in the US*
- Corporate giving in 2020 decreased 6.1% **
- 50% of plastic is used just once and thrown away +
- Packaging is the largest end-use market segment accounting for just over 40% of total plastic usage +
- 8 million metric tons: That’s how much plastic we dump into the oceans each year ++
- There are 5 large garbage patches in our oceans, the biggest contains 1.8 trillion pieces of trash and covers an area twice the size of Texas. ++
These stats aren’t meant to add to your existential dread, but to start an honest conversation that everyone from small businesses to large corporations (even individuals), can make a difference & we all have a responsibility to do better.
Even though we are just over a month old, we’ve saved over 20,000 plastic bottles from ending up in landfills & in our oceans and eliminated 4,500 single use plastics in our packaging. It’s not going to happen all at once, but small steps every day can make a big difference - especially when we all make them together.
How Can You Help As A Consumer?
- Practice conscious purchasing - are the companies you buy from doing their part? You have the power to put your hard earned dollars behind companies you align with!
- Bring reusable water bottles & bags when possible
- If you see trash, pick it up!
- Support companies, individuals, bloggers, influencers that practice what they preach
- Avoid “fast fashion” & opt for clothing/products that are built to last
It doesn’t have to be all or nothing, but small actions every day make a difference, even when it’s one person, refilling 1 reusable water bottle. You CAN make a difference, in the words of Jane Goodall:
“Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference.”
About 1% for the Planet
1% for the Planet is a global movement inspiring businesses and individuals to support environment solutions through annual memberships and everyday actions. Founded in 2002, Yvon Chouinard (founder of Patagonia) & Craig Mathews (founder of Blue Ribbon Flies), their idea was simple: because companies profit from the resources they take from the earth, they should protect those resources. Today, 1% for the Planet has over 3,000 business members & has helped to direct hundreds of millions of dollars to environmental nonprofits around the world.
Feeling inspired? You don’t need to be a business to join, individuals can support the cause as well!
This partnership & our brand values are just the beginning of how we plan to support eco-initiatives worldwide & locally, continue to explore how we can reduce our carbon footprint & give back to the planet in a meaningful way that aligns with our values. We’re just getting started and we couldn’t do it without your support.
At Bombi we make eco-conscious strollers that are affordable, built to last and perfect for your next adventure. With full size features, compact convenience and a fold that will make you say WTF! (aka wow that fold!) our Bēbee Lightweight Stroller is the travel stroller you’ve been dreaming of.
Leave a comment